How to Clean Your Monument Grill
Keep your grills in tip-top shape throughout the grilling seasons year after year by following these tips and tricks for your gas grill.
Safety: When cleaning grills with bristle brushes and other grill cleaning tools, always thoroughly wipe down the cleaned area afterwards in order to remove any bristles that may have come off during the cleaning process and stuck to the grill. The best way to clean a grill is to start while the grilling surface is warm, but wait until the surface has cooled enough that it will not burn you.
Annual Cleaning of Grill Interior
Burning-off the grill after every use will keep it ready for your next use. However, once a year you should give the entire grill a thorough cleaning to keep it in top operating condition.
- Turn all burner valves to full OFF position.
- Turn LP gas tank valve to full OFF position.
- Detach LP gas hose and regulator assembly from your gas grill. Inspect for any damage and replace as necessary with manufacturer replacement part number found on parts list.
- Remove and clean heat diffusers, cooking grids and grill burners.
- Cover each gas valve orifice with aluminum foil.
- Brush inside and bottom of grill with a nylon brush, and wash with a mild soap and warm water solution. Rinse thoroughly and let dry.
- Remove the aluminum foil, then reinstall heat diffusers, and cooking grids.
- Reconnect gas source and observe burner flame for correct operation.
Rusted out already? Don't worry.
We have high-quality replacement parts at a fair price.
These tips can be done more frequent.
Cleaning Cooking Grids: We suggest you wash your cooking grids in a mild soap and warm water solution. You can use a wash cloth or soft brush to clean your cooking grids.
Cleaning Heat Diffusers: Periodically you should wash the heat diffusers in a soap and warm water solution. Use a soft brush to remove stubborn burnt-on cooking residue. The heat diffusers should be dry before you reinstall them.
Cleaning Grease Tray: The grease tray should be emptied and wiped down periodically and washed in a mild detergent and warm water solution. A small amount of sand or cat litter may be placed in bottom of grease tray to absorb the grease. Check the grease tray frequently, don’t allow excess grease to accumulate and overflow out of the grease tray.
Cleaning Exterior Surface
- We suggest you wash your grill using a mild soap and warm water solution. You can use a wash cloth or sponge for this process. Do not use abrasives or a brush that might remove finish during the cleaning process
- Weathering and extreme heat can cause exterior stainless steel surfaces to turn tan in color. Machine oils used in manufacturing process of stainless steel can also cause this tanning color. Use a stainless steel cleaner to polish stainless steel surfaces of your grill. Never use abrasive cleaners or scrubbers because they will scratch and damage your grill.
Cleaning Burner Tubes and Burner Ports: To reduce the chance of “FLASH-BACK” the procedure below should be followed at least once a month in late summer or early fall when spiders are most active or when your grill has not been used for a period of time.
- Turn all burner valves and gas tank valve to off position.
- Detach the LP gas regulator assembly from your gas grill.
- Remove cooking grids, heat diffusers, and grease tray from the grill.
- Remove the screws from the underside of each burner and lift the burners up and away from the gas valve orifice.
- Using a bent stiff wire in the shape of a hook , air hose or a bottle brush, run it through the burner tube and inside several times to remove any debris.
- Replace burners, see illustration below
Regardless of which burner cleaning procedure you use, we recommend you also complete the following steps to help prolong burner life.
- Use a fiber pad or nylon brush to clean the entire outer surface of each burner until free of food residue and dirt.
- Clean any clogged ports with a stiff wire, such as an open paper clip.
- Inspect each burner for damage (cracks or holes) and if such damage is found, order and install a new burner. After installation check to ensure that gas valve orifices are correctly placed inside the ends of the burner tubes.
WARNING Spiders and insects can nest inside the burners of the grill and disrupt gas flow. This very dangerous condition could cause a fire behind the valve panel, thereby damaging the grill and making it unsafe for operation. Inspect the grill at least twice a year.
Play Sugar Rush Slot Demo
аренда катамарана хорватия
What type of grill brush is recommended for the porcelain-coated grates? Can a steel wire brush damage them?