- 1 onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 cups apple cider
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 chicken boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Peel the onion and garlic, then roughly chop and add them to a large Ziplock bag (or Tupperware).
- Add in the apple cider, olive oil, fresh thyme, apple cider vinegar, mustard, salt, sugar and black pepper.
- Smoosh everything together until well combined and then add in the chicken thighs.
- Carefully turn the Ziplock bag over so the chicken is well coated and then place in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 4 hours (up to 24 hours).
- Preheat the grill or griddle pan. Cook the chicken over a medium high heat for 8 minutes until you have a nice, charred crust. Flip the chicken and cook for a further 8 minutes.
- Check that the chicken is cooked through and then serve with a garnish of fresh thyme and some slices of lemon.