IngredientsFor the Burgers (serving size 4)
-1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
-2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
-1 garlic cloves, finely grated
-2 Tbsp. plus 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
-2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
-1/3 cup plus 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil; plus more for grill
-6 Tbsp. mayonnaise
-1/4 cup chopped cornichons (about 9)
-4 large skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 1 1/2 lb. total)
-4 brioche buns, split (or buns of your choice)
-1 medium fennel bulb, halved, thinly sliced, fronds coarsely chopped
-1 cup basil leaves, torn if large
Prepare & Cook the Burgers
1) Whisk mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, 2 Tbsp. lemon juice, and 2 tsp. pepper in a medium bowl. Stream in 1/3 cup oil, whisking constantly until emulsified. Transfer half of the marinade to a small bowl, then whisk in mayonnaise and cornichons; season dressing with salt. Set aside.
2) Season chicken thighs all over with salt and place in a bowl with remaining marinade; turn to coat. Let sit at room temperature, turning occasionally, at least 30 minutes, or cover and chill for up to 4 hours.
3) Prepare a grill for medium-high heat; lightly oil grate. Grill chicken, turning halfway through, until deeply browned and cooked through, 8–10 minutes. Transfer to a platter and let rest for 5 minutes.
4) Meanwhile, grill buns, cut side down, until lightly toasted, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a platter with chicken.
5) Toss sliced fennel, fennel fronds, basil, and remaining 2 tsp. oil and 2 tsp. lemon juice in a medium bowl to combine; season with salt and pepper.
6) Spread reserved dressing over cut sides of each bun. Assemble sandwiches with buns, chicken, and fennel salad.
- Monument Grills