Grilled Jerk Chicken
21 Mar 2022 2 Comments
- 2 lbs bone-in chicken pieces patted dry
- 6 Tablespoon Walkerswood Jerk Wet Paste
- Jerk BBQ Sauce optional
- Rub chicken pieces with paste, making sure to rub under the skin too.
- Marinate for 4 hrs up or up to overnight.
- Place chicken pieces on a grill that has been heated to medium using indirect heat and cook until internal temp reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit. This can take up to an hour on a grill.
- Once the chicken is done cooking, use a sharp knife to further chop the chicken,
With its high precision temperature control,
the pellet grill can be expanded into
a versatile cooking station for various needs.
Optional Jerk BBQ sauce:
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon jerk wet paste
- 2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- Combine ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to boil and immediately remove from heat. Serve and enjoy.
- This bbq sauce is great for basting jerk chicken or any other meats.
- Make sure your heat is set to medium-low heat to avoid burning your sauce or scorching your pan.
- This recipe as written makes a little less than 2 cups of sauce. It can be doubled or tripled or cut in half. If doubling or tripling, increase the heating time by about 5 minutes.
Where is the monument smoker box placed under the grate? Do you remove the burner guard or slide it next to the burner guard? When cooking under medium heat on a 6 burner grill do you only light 1/2 the burners all on 1 side or cook over middle with outside burners on each side burning?
How many does this serve 1/4lb person?